Sunday 31 May 2015

K038. Jesus said, Salt is good; but if the salt has lost its savour, it is useless

Luk 14:33-35 KJV  So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.  (34)  Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be seasoned?  (35)  It is neither fit for the land, nor yet for the dunghill; but men cast it out. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Grace is marvellous, fantastic, and good. Grace can be life-changing. So, are love, joy, and peace, which are all the gifts of God. We can preach many good things in the Lord. But if we preach until they become redundant, exaggerated, tasteless, ineffective, or corrupted, people will cast them out.  We are like the salt. If we do not have the 'goodness' of the salt, we can be 'thrown away' too. Although we do not want to be too bothered by the demand or criteria for the goodness and the character in people, there are criteria to be the disciples. Did Jesus tell us that there are such criteria for His disciples too? You bet.

Grace is good; but if grace has lost its savour, it is useless too
Jesus used the analogy of salt to show us that the salt can lose its savour. He does not want us to be any salt; but the salt that always keep its savour. Similarly, He does not want us to preach any grace; but the grace that has the real 'savour' of grace.
Salt is good; but if it loses its original use, it can no longer function effectively as salt. So is love, joy, or peace; if it loses its original purpose, it can no longer be effective too. For example, the function of love is unique and it cannot be replaced by joy or peace, and vice versa. However, today we find that many preachers deliberately and foolishly define and mix up the gifts of God with great confusion. Although they may not say, "Love is joy" or "Love is grace" and vice versa, they tend to exaggerate the gifts of God erroneously; for example, they preach that "grace is God", "grace is Jesus Christ; grace is not a doctrine", "grace is repentance (because grace leads to repentance)", "grace replaces the laws and obedience to the laws", "grace is hyper", "grace is supply", "grace is .." and etc. I will ask them, If grace is not a doctrine; is grace a gift or God? Obviously, they have the clear intention (but a very dark motive) to exaggerate grace as God, and in turn, they exalt themselves as the prince of 'grace' or the creator of 'grace (God)'. Can you see the dark side of those who exaggerated grace and asked the people to worship grace, even though they may argue vehemently that they are ignorant, they do not have such intention, or they have been misunderstood? However, we have not misunderstood them when they preached grace as a cheap replacement of everything, including the need of repentance, confession of sins, and obedience to God's commandments.

I will ask them, if grace is a gift of God, how can it be God. Yes, we may figuratively say that God is love or God is grace; but God is not limited to love and grace. Hence, it is questionable to say that love is God or love is Jesus Christ. Similarly, if we say, Grace is Jesus Christ, we could have exaggerated grace. Like the salt which has lost its savour, the exaggerated grace could lost its savour too. It could no longer be the grace of God.

(Why did I remove most of the big photos here?
When I have written up to here, I did something which I felt compel to do: I removed all the large images of the radical grace preachers which showed up in one way or another in my posts here or in the re-shared links here. It is not because I have gone soft with the radical grace preachers who preaches against the Lord; but because I felt uneasy to always see their faces beside the words of Jesus. I did it not because I did not like their smiles or I was jealous of them. No, I felt the wrath of the Lord more and more when I wrote His words and saw them, and then wrote something about them and saw them again, and then wrote more about them, and still saw them again. This had affected my train of thoughts and I found it very distracting. Besides, I found that their images will only defile the words of God here. So, I told them, "Get thee behind", and remove them. I am sorry to say that I must do this, not because I do not love them, but because I do not want to give the mixed signals that I still reckon them as the preachers of God's words.
Of course, when I removed them from my posts, I did not remove grace totally from my life. I still want to show grace and welcome anyone including the radical grace preachers or supporters to share posts and interact here. But please share honest questions for discussions, without keep saying that the others are jealous and nothing else. Thanks for the consideration in advance.)

::

No comments:

Post a Comment