Sunday 31 May 2015

K034. Jesus wants us to abide in His words; not in our belief

We believe in faith (right believing) and grace (goodness of God). But the moment we become radical about faith or grace and expand it beyond what is written or given in the Bible, we become the advocates of our own belief (creed); we are not a true believer of Jesus Christ.

Joh 15:1-10 KJV  I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.  (2)  Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.  (3)  Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.  (4)  Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me  .. (7)  If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you .. (10)  If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
Joh 1:1-4 KJV  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  (2)  The same was in the beginning with God.  (3)  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.  (4)  In him was life; and the life was the light of men .. (14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

We may be a believer of God if we believe in faith and grace. But if we want to be a true believer of Jesus Christ, we must not only believe; but also abide in His words.

::

No comments:

Post a Comment