Sunday 31 May 2015

K036. Jesus died for us while we were yet sinners (Rom5:8)

“Thousands are deceived into supposing that they have ‘accepted Christ’ as their  ‘personal Saviour,’ who have not first received Him as their LORD. The Son of God did not come here to save His people in their sin, but ‘from their sins’ (Matthew 1:21)” - Michael L. Brown https://plus.google.com/103961096369995631970/posts/GvKEjNDFdvr

On first glance, we may think that Dr Michael Brown contradicted the Bible. But I know what he meant, and I am sure that he knew what he meant when he said it based on Mat 1:21:
Mat 1:21 KJV  And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
This reminds me of another preacher, Francis Chan, who preached in line with this when he said, “Lukewarm people don't really want to be saved from their sin; they want only to be saved from the penalty of their sin.” (see K035 from my previous post)

Heb 8:10-12 KJV  For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people .. (12)  For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
Yes, Jesus died for us while we were yet sinners; but He would not want to save a people who still want to live in sins. He wants to save us from sins (period).

::

No comments:

Post a Comment