Sunday 31 May 2015

K023. If we believe in Jesus, we would believe in His doctrine too

We may compromise on many things in life; but we don't compromise on doctrine. We have to decide on either sound doctrine, or radical grace. Many people say, "Grace is not a doctrine. Jesus is not a doctrine. Hence, we believe only in Jesus or grace, not in doctrine .."
I will ask them, If you believe in Jesus, don't you believe in His doctrine? If you believe in Jesus, don't you believe in His words or commandments? It is ridiculous to preach a 'Jesus' who has no doctrine, no words, or no commandments for you. If the 'radical grace' or the 'Jesus' that you preach has no doctrine, he is no God.
Mar 4:2 KJV  And he taught them many things by parables, and said unto them in his doctrine,
Joh 7:16-18 KJV  Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.  (17)  If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.  (18)  He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.
Joh 14:15 KJV  If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Jesus did not say, "If you love me, think of me only or think of how good I am to you". Sadly, most preachers today would just want to do and preach what they like without really doing His words.

In fact, Jesus said that it is not enough to know His words or God's commandments, we must do them too, which is the will of God the Father:
Mat 7:14-23 KJV  Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.  (15)  Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.  (16)  Ye shall know them by their fruits. ...  (21)  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.  (22)  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?  (23)  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Many said that they believe in Jesus but not in His doctrine or His commandment. But what is doctrine? According to Thayer's Greek definition, 'doctrine' simply means teaching.
Hence, it is ridiculous to split Jesus from His teaching and tell people that they should believe only in Jesus; not in His doctrine or His teaching. They are like some people who are ridiculous when they say that they love to eat cakes; but hate the flour that makes the cakes.
Some preachers today would preach until we become so confused by what they said that they would turn back and accuse us for misunderstanding them or condemning them.
I will tell them, Why do you keep saying that we have always misunderstood you? It would never happen if you have set your mind to preach sound doctrine !

::

No comments:

Post a Comment