Saturday 30 May 2015

K007. Jesus said, If ye love me, keep my commandments (John 14:15 KJV)

But how many of us can say this to our children? No, we won't say it. But how do we know that our children love us? We may say, If they love us, they will bring us to the best restaurant in town, or book the best holiday for us. Sadly, we have thought that God would want all these things from us, like our earthly parents too. But God does not want our sacrifices; He wants our obedience more than any other things. Similarly, Jesus does not want us to do many things insincerely; He wants us to keep His commandments more than just confessing, boasting, healing, or suffering in His name. Of course, He would still want us to do many things for Him; but He is happier if we can just obey Him and keep all His commandments:

Joh 15:14-15 KJV  Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.  (15)  Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
1Sa 15:22-24 KJV  And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.  (23)  For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.  (24)  And Saul said unto Samuel, I have sinned: for I have transgressed the commandment of the LORD, and thy words: because I feared the people, and obeyed their voice.

::

No comments:

Post a Comment