Sunday 31 May 2015

K012. Jesus told us that there is judgement

But many preachers (especially the radical grace or hyper grace preachers) argue, "No, we can never be judged. If there is judgement, it must be only good judgement. It is at the 'bayma seat' of judgement which will only reward us; not to condemn us."

I will ask them, If this is really what Jesus said, you could be giving good assurance to the people. But if this is not what Jesus said, you could have preached against the Lord and become a false prophet. Did you preach that all the churches who preach 'do good get good' are the law preachers? Did you argue that you are not against 'do good', but against 'do good get good', and hence, many churches have misunderstood you? But, I have not misunderstood you. Yes, you are not against doing good, but you are against judgement of God ! Why ? Isn't 'do good get good' another words for 'judgement'? Why did you accuse the churches of preaching 'do good get good' or the judgement of God and now you believe in the bayma seat of Christ for those who 'do good'? Are you confused and contradicting yourselves now?
Rom 14:10-12 KJV  But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.  (11)  For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.  (12)  So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
2Co 5:9-11 KJV  Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.  (10)  For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.  (11)  Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

I will ask them, Have you read the Bible verses above? Is there effort to do good in the Bible verses above? Of course, certainly. Will the believer get 'good' because of their efforts to do good? Isn't this 'do good get good' still a law of Christ at the judgement seat of Christ? Do you realise that this law is still a law of God in the New Testament? and it was preached by Paul in Rom 14:10-12 and 2Co 5:9-11? How can you say that there is no more law in the gospel that Paul preached or in the 'pure grace' of the New Testament? Do you know that there are countless Bible verses in both the Old and New Testament which tell us to do good, and that those who are trying to preach against this is rejecting Christ who is the rock of our salvation or the corner stone too? It is because we build 'our houses' upon Him (or upon His words from which we build our characters and principles too):
Luk 20:17-19 KJV  And he beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner?  (18)  Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.  (19)  And the chief priests and the scribes the same hour sought to lay hands on him; and they feared the people: for they perceived that he had spoken this parable against them. (Today we do not have any Pharisee who preached against this stone, but we do have many who still reject Christ and the teaching of Christ)
Eph 2:20-21 KJV  And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;  (21)  In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
1Pe 2:6-8 KJV  Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.  (7)  Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,  (8)  And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
Mat 7:15-24 KJV  Beware of false prophets..  (16)  Ye shall know them by their fruits ..  (20) Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.  (21)  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.  (22)  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?  (23)  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.  (24)  Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

Have you read about the judgement seat of Christ from the Bible verses above? Do you honestly think that the judgement seat of Christ will only reward the believers? Do you truly believe that Jesus will never condemn anyone in His judgement? No, if we can't see how He had condemned those who claimed that they were the believers in Mat 7 above, we are blind.
Many argue that Mat 7 is not for us because it was for the false prophets or the 70 disciples who had departed from Jesus, and therefore, it is not for us. It was for the Jews who rejected Jesus at that time; not for us today. I will ask them, Do you know why Jesus said, Many will say to me, In that day .. (Mat 7:22)? It means that this is for the future. Did Jesus judge anyone during that time when some of the followers departed from Him? No, He did not send anyone to eternal condemnation. He will only do that in that day or in the future.
Joh 12:47-48 KJV  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.  (48)  He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
So, I don't see any reason why Mat 7 has become obsolete for us. It may not refer to everyone of us as the false prophets who will be judged severely, but it is certainly a valid warning for all of us who refuse to do the will of the Father. What is the will of the Father? It is to do the words and the commandments of God.

Many may argue, "But we have no more judgement. Oh, I mean, the churches or the true believers are totally saved and we have no more judgement because of the finished work of Jesus Christ. We should preach the year of Jubilee, the year of restoration, peace, and prosperity. Why? It is because of the finished work of Jesus. Jesus stopped at the positive words of the scripture.. and He closed the book. Hence, why do we still keep preaching sin, repentance, laws, judgement, hell, warnings, and condemnation? We should hear only the good things, the positive things in life.."
Luk 4:18-22 KJV  The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,  (19)  To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.  (20)  And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him .. (21)  And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.  (22)  And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth. And they said, Is not this Joseph's son?
Oh, yes, we can just stop there and keep playing those words in our minds and assume that the gospel of Jesus Christ is all about gracious words, even to the ears of the Pharisees in the synagogue. But do we know that, immediately after that, Jesus preached repentance to the sinners in the streets, commanded His followers to keep God's commandments, taught them about hell and judgement with many parables, .. , but finally, He still came back to confront the Pharisees and Sadducees, overthrew the tables of the moneychangers in the temple, and rebuked them harshly? Yes, He would welcome most of the sinners and call them into His repentance. But do we know that He will reject many in His judgement too? If Jesus has preached about judgement, will there be any problem if we preach or proclaim it too? However, many churches have become the foolish virgins without realising it:
Mat 25:8 KJV  And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
Psa 119:97-109 KJV  MEM. O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.  (98)  Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me.  (99)  I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation .. (102)  I have not departed from thy judgments: for thou hast taught me .. (105)  NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.  (106)  I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy righteous judgments .. (108)  Accept, I beseech thee, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O LORD, and teach me thy judgments.  (109)  My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.

::

No comments:

Post a Comment