Friday 10 May 2013

Do you love your mother-in-law ?

I will ask the radical grace preachers, Do you love your mother-in-law ? They will answer reluctantly, "Of course, we love our mother-in-law. Why do you ask this silly question ?"
I will tell them, This is not a silly question. This question will reveal yourselves. Please think further, Why would you say that you love your mother-in-law or even your father-in-law ? Of course, it is because of your wife. If you love your wife, you would love your mother-in-law, although it is not the same love you have for your wife.
Similarly, if you love Jesus, you would love God's laws and commandments. You cannot run away from it. I find that what Jesus said makes so much sense.
  • Joh 14:15 KJV  If ye love me, keep my commandments.
  • Joh 14:21-26 KJV  He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.  (22)  Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?  (23)  Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.  (24)  He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.  (25)  These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.  (26)  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Of course, our love for God's commandments should not be compared to our love for mother-in-law or father-in-law. It should be compared to what the Psalmist has said about his love for God's laws and commandments:
  • Psa 1:1-2 KJV  Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.  (2)  But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
  • Psa 40:6-10 KJV  Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.  (7)  Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,  (8)  I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.  (9)  I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips, O LORD, thou knowest.  (10)  I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation.
  • Psa 119:66-72 KJV  Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for I have believed thy commandments.  (67)  Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word.  (68)  Thou art good, and doest good; teach me thy statutes.  (69)  The proud have forged a lie against me: but I will keep thy precepts with my whole heart.  (70)  Their heart is as fat as grease; but I delight in thy law.  (71)  It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.  (72)  The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.
  • Psa 119:77-80 KJV  Let thy tender mercies come unto me, that I may live: for thy law is my delight.  (78)  Let the proud be ashamed; for they dealt perversely with me without a cause: but I will meditate in thy precepts.  (79)  Let those that fear thee turn unto me, and those that have known thy testimonies.  (80)  Let my heart be sound in thy statutes; that I be not ashamed.
  • Psa 119:174-176 KJV  I have longed for thy salvation, O LORD; and thy law is my delight.  (175)  Let my soul live, and it shall praise thee; and let thy judgments help me.  (176)  I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy commandments.
I will ask them, Have you seen how the Psalmist declared or preached his delight in God's law and righteousness ? Did you reverse it and preach 'your reluctance' instead ? I have no apology to conclude that how you 'preach' or 'think' about your mother-in-law may show us what kind of love you have for your wife too. Oops.. sorry ..

One of the reasons why you could never preach delight in God's laws and commandments is:
  • because you simply do not have the delight. You can't just fake it when there is no real conviction to delight in it.
  • or, because it could be such a stumbling block to your righteousness conscience that you cannot mix it. You think that it is an awful 'mixture' of law and grace. Hence, you would confess and teach God's righteousness over and over again. You could have spent tons of effort to convince yourselves and others, that you are the righteousness of God in Christ who strengthen you .. and with many other Bible verses too. That's because you are afraid that you can lose your grace or righteousness if you are always reminded about the law of God or the need to delight in God's laws. However, it could be a wrong kind of fear on God's law or a hidden threat imputed (or 'planted') by the lawless one into your doctrine, like the tares (Mat 13:24-30).

What will you choose between delight in God's laws and delight in your own righteousness ?
Hence, you would rather ignore any God's commandment and keep yourselves in the delight of your own conscience and righteousness, instead of your delight in God's law. This may work for you initially, however, after a while, you will notice that this is a false deception and you must keep reminding yourselves or hearing preaching from those who can give you the false assurance that you are well without doing any repentance or God's commandment. You become totally sucked in to their trap of obsession and dependency on their lawless philosophies and no condemnation teaching. However, it is like drugs. It can only give you temporary relief and you may wake up only to find out that you are totally naked. But God's word and commandment is the truth and it will give life:
  • Pro 6:19-23 KJV  A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.  (20)  My son, keep thy father's commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother:  (21)  Bind them continually upon thine heart, and tie them about thy neck.  (22)  When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee.  (23)  For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:
  • Joh 12:49-50 KJV  For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.  (50)  And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.
  • Mat 19:17 KJV  And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
  • Rev 22:13-14 KJV  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.  (14)  Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
  • Rev 3:17 KJV  Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
  • Mat 22:10-14 KJV  So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.  (11)  And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:  (12)  And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.  (13)  Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.  (14)  For many are called, but few are chosen. (Many of us may still argue that this person could a sinner (or a believer) when he was brought before the king. But one thing is for sure: he stood before the king without the garment. His nakedness could not be clothed without God's garment. Hence, he found himself to be 'naked' before the King. In another words, he could be 'clothless' because he was 'lawless' in the eyes of God.) 

The naked truth could be painful to admit
Many believers think that the man had no wedding garment because he did not really have Jesus in his heart. However, I will ask them, How could anyone come into the wedding dinner without Christ in his heart ? They will say, "Oh, they could be professing believers who do not have the robe of righteousness or the true belief that Jesus had cleansed all their sins.." I will tell them, I do not dispute it. However, if we think further, it shows us that a believer may think that he is saved; but it is also possible for him to stand before the King only to realise that he has no wedding garment at all. That will bring us to the next important question: how do we know that we have or do not have the wedding garment before we stand before the King ? Have you heard of the naked emperor who thought that he was beautifully clothed when he was deceived into wearing a 'clothless' garment (Hans Christian Andersen's story). 
Well, to know about the wedding garment is not by just thinking about it, believing that we have it, confessing it, arguing vehemently that we have it, or 'psycho' ourselves to think that we have it - all these are just self-effort or mental-effort. But to know whether we have the wedding garment (with the 'rock' solid assurance), we must do according to the sayings of Jesus and keep His commandments:
  • Mat 7:21-25 KJV  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.  (22)  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?  (23)  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.  (24)  Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:  (25)  And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
  • Luk 6:46-48 KJV  And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?  (47)  Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:  (48)  He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood (false doctrine) arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. (Hence, Jesus said clearly that He would not just want us to have right believing, right faith, right miracles, right preaching, or right confession only; he wants us to have right doing with His words too, because right doing would prove that we are His true disciples on the rock of salvation.)
  • Heb 10:16-22 KJV  This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;  (17)  And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.  (18)  Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.  (19)  Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,  (20)  By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;  (21)  And having an high priest over the house of God;  (22)  Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. 
  • Luk 24:44-48 KJV  And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.  (45)  Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,  (46)  And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:  (47)  And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.  (48)  And ye are witnesses of these things.

We would be naked if we are not covered by God's garment of glory
In another wods, we would be 'clothless' if we are lawless. This will bring the next question, Can a believer lose his wedding garment ? We have seen how an invited guest in the Bible passage Mat 22:10-14 could go to the wedding dinner without the garment. I would think that all the invited guests could be believers. I don't think that the other religious leaders or the sinners who never know Jesus could be the invited guests. Hence, I don't think that it is a problem to conclude that some believers could lose their wedding garment based on the parable of the Lord above. Many are called to accept Jesus and the invitation to the wedding dinner, both the good and bad, but few are chosen and accepted in the for the dinner:
  • Mat 22:10-14 KJV  So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.  (11)  And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:  (12)  And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.  (13)  Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.  (14)  For many are called, but few are chosen.  
When I read the Bible passage above again, I suddenly think of Adam and Eve who lost their 'garment' too. Many Bible scholars believed that they were clothed with the glory of God which was their 'garment'. However, when God looked for them in the garden after they had sinned, they were afraid and tried to cover themselves with leaves:
  • Gen 3:6-11 KJV  .. (7)  And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.  (8)  And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.  (9)  And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?  (10)  And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.  (11)  And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?
Does it ring a bell why Adam and Eve could lose their 'garment' ? The answer is because they had eaten of the tree and rejected God's command. God's commandment is the glory that cloth them, protect them, and cover them from their nakedness ! But when they disobeyed God and had no more trust in any God's words and commands, naturally God's commandment left them and they were no more in the glory of God. Why do I think that that the garment of glory could have come from God's command or God's commandment ? Do you remember how Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the glory of God ? That was because Moses came down with the commandments of God, but it was only a reflection of the glory (like the light of the moon which shines only the reflection of the sun). However, when Jesus came down as the Word, He himself became God's law and commandment and He himself would shine with the glory of God.
  • Mat 17:1-3 KJV  And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,  (2)  And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.  (3)  And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.
  • Mar 9:2-4 KJV  And after six days Jesus taketh with him Peter, and James, and John, and leadeth them up into an high mountain apart by themselves: and he was transfigured before them.  (3)  And his raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow; so as no fuller on earth can white them.  (4)  And there appeared unto them Elias with Moses: and they were talking with Jesus.
Hence, Peter, James, and John could have a glimpsed of that same glory which came from the 'Word' or the 'Commandment of God' again. But this time, it was exceedingly brighter than the commandments of stones which were brought down by Moses. This time, it came in the flesh of the Son, and beside Him were Moses and Elijah as God's witnesses. When Jesus was laid in the tomb, he fulfilled all the requirements of the Old Testament as God's commandment laid into the 'ark of covenant' in men. However, when we repent and truly died with Him, we became that tomb which truly allowed Him to be laid in our hearts. Hence, when He was resurrected, all the work (relating to that incredible process of being born again) was completely and utterly finished and we became the temple of God with His laws in our hearts ! A great miracle has happened again because men could now be born again and clothed with the glory of God again ! The light of God could shine once again ! Hallelujah !
  • Joh 20:11-12 KJV  But Mary stood without at the sepulchre weeping: and as she wept, she stooped down, and looked into the sepulchre,  (12)  And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain. 
  • Exo 25:16-22 KJV  And thou shalt put into the ark the testimony which I shall give thee.  (17)  And thou shalt make a mercy seat of pure gold: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof.  (18)  And thou shalt make two cherubims of gold, of beaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat.  (19)  And make one cherub on the one end, and the other cherub on the other end: even of the mercy seat shall ye make the cherubims on the two ends thereof.  (20)  And the cherubims shall stretch forth their wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces shall look one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubims be.  (21)  And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee.  (22)  And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel. 
Hence, that garment of glory that was seen around Adam and Jesus could the 'wedding garment' that we all should have worn before we go to the great wedding dinner in heaven. It is the garment of glory which came from Jesus who is the Word, God's law, and God's commandment. If a believer would just want to believe in Jesus only or behold Jesus only without keeping His laws and commandments, he may find himself to be 'naked and speechless' when he is questioned before the King (Mat 22:10-14) in the wedding dinner. 

Do we hear Him or just behold Him ?
Let us go back to the Lord's transfiguration on the mount. We have read how Peter, James, and John saw the glory. But did God tell the disciples to just behold and live ? Yes, there seemed to be a great contrast when this account is compared with the scripture in the Old Testament when the Israelites would just behold the brass serpent and lived (Num 21:9):
  • Num 21:7-9 KJV  Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the LORD, and against thee; pray unto the LORD, that he take away the serpents from us. And Moses prayed for the people.  (8)  And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.  (9)  And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.
  • Mat 17:2-5 KJV  And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.  (3)  And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.  (4)  Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.  (5)  While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
Many of us would think that we should just behold like Peter, James, and John. We may even use the Lord's transfiguration to teach people to behold Jesus only and live like the Israelites who beheld the brass serpent and lived. However, while the disciples beheld, God spoke, ".. hear Him.
I have searched the whole New Testament to find if God or Jesus has said, ".. behold Him only" instead. I did not find any. On the contrary, I found many words which tell us to hear, keep, and do His words. What does that mean ? There is a shift in the emphasis of the scripture 
  • from doing many religious duties (or the works of the law) by just beholding, washing, praying, paying, offering sacrifice, worshipping, or circumcision under the law or the Old Covenant
  • to doing the words and commandments of God with a change of the hearts and minds through repentance under the New Covenant or the gospel of grace that was preached by Jesus and the Apostles.       
This explains why the Pharisees could never repent when they would only want to keep doing the works of the law to camouflage their hypocrisy, wickedness, and greediness. They had despised Moses' law and made God's commandments of none effect:
  • Mat 15:6 KJV  And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
  • Mar 7:13-16 KJV  Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.  (14)  And when he had called all the people unto him, he said unto them, Hearken unto me every one of you, and understand:  (15)  There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.  (16)  If any man have ears to hear, let him hear
  • Heb 10:26-29 KJV  For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,  (27)  But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.  (28)  He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:  (29)  Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
Hence, if we hear Him, we must hear Him only, not the false prophets who preach lawlessness. If we hear Him, we hear what He said, His words, His teaching, and His commandments. If we said that we hear Him but we deny all His teaching and commandments, we are not hearing Him. We think we have ears to hear, but we cannot hear. We can just keep denying all the words, warnings, and commandments of the Lord even when those words are clearly speaking to us or pointing to us as we read His words (eg. .. (29) Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who..). I will ask them, Is the book of Hebrew written to Hebrews only ? If it is written to the Hebrews only, why do you quote from it ? Of course, if it is in the Bible, it is for all of us, including all the warnings and commandments we do not like to hear. However, if we keep denying it, we can never hear. We would just conclude that 
  1. those warnings are negative,
  2. those words are from the devil,
  3. those words are for others, or 
  4. those words are for some kind of fictitious sinners behind us, in front of us, beside us, or outside the church.  

We would be naked and blind if we do not have God's law and commandment
If we always listen to the lawless one, one day we will become naked ('clothless') and 'speechless'. We will lose that glory which is supposed to be our garment when we stand before the King. Although most of the sinners today have lost that glory when Adam sinned and lost his glory, the sinners are still conscious of the 'hollowness' which was once filled by the glory of God in their hearts. Many of them still cannot explain the 'weird feeling' of it in their hearts whenever they did something wicked or sinful. They could only say that it was their conscience which has pricked their hearts. However, I would think that even that 'hollow place', which was left behind after the commandment and the glory disappeared from their lives, is sufficient to create an impact on them to seek the truth about God. That emptiness can only be filled up when they know Jesus, receive Him, and become restored:
  • Heb 8:10-13 KJV  For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:  (11)  And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.  (12)  For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.  (13)  In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.
  • Heb 10:16-20 KJV  This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;  (17)  And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.  (18)  Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.  (19)  Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,  (20)  By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;  .. (26)  For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 

God would not just want us to keep His laws like 'garments' only 
God would want us to keep and do His commandments.
  • Joh 14:23-25 KJV  Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.  (24)  He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.  (25)  These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
  • Joh 15:20 KJV  Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
  • 1Jn 5:2-3 KJV  By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.  (3)  For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
  • Rev 22:13-14 KJV  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.  (14)  Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
However, there are people who will sin without any conscience or sin without any laws. They have not only lost their garment (of God's command); they have also lost their conscience which was that 'hollow place' or 'wardrobe' reserved for the garment (of God's command) !
They will argue, "If we must still consider our conscience, teach many moral values, obey God's commandments, do good get good, or make sure that we have good conscience before we come to Jesus, we would be preaching the law or putting the people under the law. This can never be the gospel of grace.."
I will tell them, You do not need to obey every law before you come to Jesus but you must repent before you come to Him. Please use your common sense to think. Will you accuse the teachers and parents for putting their children under the law when they teach their children to do good and to honour the elders ? If we must stop teaching our children just because we want to ensure that we are preaching 'pure grace', we are not preaching the gospel; we are preaching lawlessness. In the world of lawlessness that we know, the lawless people will never teach their children. Their children will automatically become lawless even if they do not teach them any lawlessness.
However, if you would now turn back and argue that you still do believe in teaching your children and that you have taught God's principles, don't you agree that whatever teaching you have done could be a form of moral values to do good too ? No matter now well you can 'ding dong' and rephrase your words, you can never deny the importance of teaching God's commandments and God's values to the young people. I believe that when you teach your children, you would not just want them to put God's laws in their hearts and mind literally or that they should just wear God's laws like 'garments' without doing anything. Can you just use your common sense to think again, Do you know why God said that He would put His laws in your hearts and mind ? Why didn't say that He would put His laws on your face or on your body ? Of course, the very simple and the most obvious reason is because God wants you to meditate, think, remember, teach, keep, and do His laws with all your hearts and mind, and do His commandments wholeheartedly. If you still want to interpret otherwise, can you disclose your real motives ?


Not everything in the law is 'under the law'
They will argue, "But there are many Bible verses and typology which tells us to cast out the 'bondwoman' and throw away the 'mother in law'. If we are under grace, we have no more law. Otherwise, we would keep all the people under the bondage and curse again.."
I will tell them, I know that you will find all those Bible verses which talk about the laws and convince us that the laws are the bondwomen or mothers in law. But you have quoted all of them out of Bible context:
  • Mat 10:33-35 KJV  But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.  (34)  Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.  (35)  For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
I don't have time to explain. But please use common sense. Of course, Jesus did not tell us to abandon the laws or God's laws here. If He would tell us to cast out all the laws like casting out the bondwoman or the mother in law, why did He tell us to keep God's commandments ? Of course, He would never contradict Himself. Hence, we should know that when Paul told the Jewish believers to cast out the bondwoman, he meant cast out their old Jewish law and their Old Covenant, not all the laws of God. Please don't just preach like a mad man or lawless beast who would condemn everything about law. Hence, of course, we don't just throw all our mothers in law away just because they are called mothers in law. Be sober.

  
::

No comments:

Post a Comment