Saturday 4 July 2015

K119. Would Jesus still tell the believers to confess their sins today? (5)

I said in K106 that it is possible for a believer to worship God in vain or confess his sins in vain if he prays or confesses like the Pharisee or the hypocrites:
Joh 4:24 KJV  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Luk 18:10-14 KJV  Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.  (11)  The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.  (12)  I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.  (13)  And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.  (14)  I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
Of course Jesus would not want all of us to beat our chest when we confess our sins; but He would certainly want us to be humble if we know that we have sinned or we are the sinners.

Do we confess our sins or pretend that we are still righteous when we sin?
Notice that I ask, ".. when we sin?"; not ".. if we sin?" It is because all of us can still can fall or sin. No one is so perfect that he can never sin. Many will still argue, "But we have been forgiven. If we still come before God feeling sinful, feeling inadequate, feeling condemned, feeling depressed, feeling that we are not good enough, or beating ourselves like the publican, we are not the true believers of grace. Please pray tell me, What If I worshipped God in the midst of a church service in a beautiful Sunday morning and while raising up my hands to God, I suddenly think of a naked woman. Can I still worship God? No? Of course, I can. I will just think that I am the righteousness of God. What if I drove my car on the highway, I suddenly saw a poster which made me think of a naked woman. Can I still go to heaven if my car crashed and I died instantly before I could confess my sins? No? Of course yes, I am saved. I know that I am always righteous in Christ. That's why we can worship God at any time and we are always saved without confessing any sin. But many still think of their sins and think that they are too sinful to take the Holy Communion when they come before God. But please pray tell me, How can a dirty person get clean if we tell him not to take his bath? Similarly, it is ridiculous to tell the believers not to take the Holy Communion too until they feel that they are totally clean."

The Holy Communion cannot make us clean but we must do it worthily
I will tell them, The Holy Communion won't make you clean. So, please don't tell the believers to take it like it is a magic to clean them or to remove curses and prosper them. The Holy Communion is just an outward physical confession of our faith in God that Jesus has cleansed us:
1Co 11:25-26 KJV  After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.  (26)  For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
1. If we still think that we are sinful or unrighteous and still want to enjoy sin until we are willing to repent, please do not take the Holy Communion; or else we insult the blood of Jesus and bring damnation to ourselves. I believe that Paul would never allow us to take the Holy Communion with an attitude of sin (unrepentant heart) and pretend that we can do it together with those who have truly believed in turning away from their sins:
2. If we just take it thinking that taking it will cleanse us without us thinking of our sins and repentance, we still insult the blood of Jesus:
1Co 11:22-34 KJV What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not .. .. (27) Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.  (28)  But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.  (29)  For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.  (30)  For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep .. .. (33)  Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.  (34)  And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.
The Corinthian believers died physically in sickness, not because they took the Holy Communion unworthily by thinking too much of their sins, but because they took it unworthily by nothing about their sins.
3. Hence, if we want to take the Holy Communion worthily before God, we must confess our sins and REMEMBER what Jesus has done for us; Or else do not take it. This is the real message of Paul to the Corinthians believers and us too. The Corinthian believers had not taken the Holy Communion before God with the attitude of humility in remembrance of how their sins were forgiven. Of course, there would be solemn confession of their sins if they would truly remember what Jesus had done for them too. But instead, they would just want to enjoy sumptuous meals, get drunk, boast how well they could live, and humiliate others with their riches.  How do we know that they did not take the Holy Communion worthily? Paul had said it very clearly:
1Co 11:19-34 KJV  For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.  (20)  When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.  (21)  For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.  (22)  What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not .. .. (33) Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.  (34)  And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.

Anything we do unworthily or hypocritically before God can be very disgusting to God
I will tell the hypo grace believers, Yes, you may have a jolly good time for not thinking of any sins or feeling guilty even when you know that you have sinned against God or lied and cheated your friends, but Paul would still tell you to repent and worship God in a worthy manner. He will say to you, "Whenever sin arises (or even when you think of a naked woman) in your worship or in taking the Holy Communion, you must still pray, confess to God, and do it worthily by repentance (Act 26:20); don't just pretend and pray like the Pharisee or hypocrite (Luk 18:10-14)."
I will tell them, If you still believe that you should just think of God's righteousness only, whenever you come before God, please  read what Jesus said:
Mat 5:23-24 KJV  Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;  (24)  Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
It means God will not accept the sacrifice if it is given with malice, pretence, or hypocrisy. It means doing anything before God (whether it is our worship, the sacrifice, or the confession of our sins, our praises, our righteousness .. etc) if it is done unworthily or hypocritically, God will not accept it.

The sacrifice of Jesus to God is to die for our sins; but our sacrifice to God is to die to our sin
Many will argue, "But the sacrifice that Jesus gave on our behalf is independent of how we live, how we boast, how we sin, or how we do against others. We are saved by the finished work of Jesus or the perfect sacrifice which He offered for us. Therefore, we do not need to follow what Jesus taught in Matthew 5-7. The doctrine that He taught in the gospel was for the Jews who were under the law and those who would still need to offer sacrifices."
I will tell them, Yes, Jesus offered Himself as the sacrifice for our sins. But it does not mean that we have no more sacrifices to offer. Have you heard of the sacrifice of love, sacrifice of obedience, and sacrifice of praise? Does it matter how we offer those sacrifices? Of course, it does. If the sacrifices are offered rashly or rebelliously, or if they are offered by the words of mouth without any deed correspond to them, they are vain offering without any substance
1Sa 15:22 KJV  And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.
Rom 12:1-2 KJV  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.  (2)  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Heb 13:15 KJV  By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
We agree that God has abolished the law of animal sacrifice, but has He abolished repentance too ? No, Jesus confirmed that spiritual sacrifice and repentance is still the doctrine of the kingdom of God which can never be obsolete. How can we say that there is no more sacrifices or repentance for us to do?
Mat 9:13 KJV  But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

It is not an eye sore to preach against sins
Many friends will say to me, "You said at the top of your post that many (believers or preachers) argued and gave the hypothesis that they may worship God or drive on the road with the possibility that they will think of a 'naked woman'. You have gone too far with your argument and prejudice against some preachers. Who on earth will think of a woman when they worship God in the church or when they drive on the road? Otherwise, how on earth can you give such a ridiculous hypothesis, 'eye sore', or lie?"
I will tell them, It has been preached constantly as a 'valid hypothesis' in many hyper grace churches today. You don't believe it because you have not heard of their 'eye sore' arguments yet. Their illicit or ridiculous illustration of sins and argument against the confession of sins has been welcomed by most of their ignorant believers. I know that the illustration of the 'naked woman' is an 'eye sore' in my posts here, but I just want you to imagine how abominable it can be when it is preached from the pulpits as a constant insult to those who will confess their sins. Many would boast that they can worship God better because they can ignore any sin or any thinking of sin by just confessing God's righteousness instead. Instead of repenting, stopping and pondering on why a sin or a 'nakedness' appears in their minds while they worship God, they boast that they are more righteous by grace and by doing nothing.
But I think, This is beyond ignorance and blindness; it is disgusting and hypocritical.

It is an eye sore only if we do not know our own nakedness
I will tell my friends that the naked body of a man or woman is not an eye sore. However, it would be an eye sore when men or women use their nakedness to distract, manipulate, and control others. Many may say that they have high regard for their body, but they lie.
Similarly, today many preachers say that they have high regard for the law of God too; they lie. They use their lawlessness to confuse, corrupt, and draw others to themselves. They think that they are properly clothed, but they do not realize that they are an eye sore in the kingdom of God too. They need the 'healing of their eyes' to see their own nakedness and repent:
Mat 22:11-12 KJV  And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment: (12)  And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
Rev 3:14-19 KJV  And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;  (15)  I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.  (16)  So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.  (17)  Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:  (18)  I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.  (19)  As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Do not be an eye sore to God
The guest without his wedding garment above was an eye sore to the king because he was a total contrast of his ignorance and disrespect compared with all the rest who come honouring the king. Does it mean that we must all wear beautiful branded garment or suit when we die and meet God in heaven? No. But the moral story of the parable is: Don't be an eye sore to God in that day. How do we explain this? Of course, God is not interested in what we are wearing or how we wear our garment 'outside'; but He is very particular about what we wear 'inside'. Many people are 'almost' a believer of God, but they will realize that the true believers of God must wear 'something inside'. Do we know what we must wear in that day? Many reason that we must 'wear' positive opinions, wholesome thoughts, love, peace, grace, Jesus, or the words of God; but did God say that we should 'wear' all these inside us?  We know that we must have all these inside us, but God said something more clearly when He said what we can 'wear' inside us:
Heb 8:10-13 KJV  For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:  (11)  And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.  (12)  For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.  (13)  In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away .. .. (10:16-17) This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;  (17)  And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
So, 'wearing' the laws of God in our hearts is still a command of God in the new covenant (it is especially important after He has put His laws into our hearts - see Heb 8:12 and Heb 10:17). Do we notice the change of sequence in God's putting His laws in our hearts and minds. In the first time (Heb 8:10), God put His laws in our minds first and our minds take precedence over our hearts; but in the second time (Heb 10:16), God put His laws in our hearts and this shows that our hearts with His laws will take precedence over our minds now. Anyway, we don't have to be too concerned what will take precedence over our minds or our hearts; but we must 'put on' what God has put into our hearts. Many people know how to put on their Sunday best; but they do not know how to put on God's garment. Many preachers are now telling the believers that putting on the garment or the law of God is just THINKING of God's law or God's words, having high regard for His laws, or having good opinion of God (without the need of DOING God's laws?) I hope that they will finally learn how to wear the 'garment' before they attend the marriage supper:
Rev 22:12-14 KJV  And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.  (13)  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.  (14)  Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

::

No comments:

Post a Comment