Monday 10 February 2014

Who is greater? God or Grace?

Of course, a three years-old kid can tell us, God is greater. I am not bothered if the kids or immature believers can answer this correctly or not. However, if preachers argue and accuse others for not preaching grace as God or God as grace, like them, I would like to question them, Didn't you preach that we must believe right? If we must believe right, you'd better be right with 'God is grace or grace is God'.

I think common English would say it correctly as 'God is grace, God is love, God is goodness, God is truth, God is everything .. ' but our English would never say, 'Grace is God, Grace is Jesus Christ, or Love is God'. The logic is so simple that everyone knows that when we reverse it and say, "Grace is God", we focus on Grace instead of God. In another words, Grace has become God and Grace has become everything like God. The question is: 'Can we worship 'Grace as God? or Is Grace considered as God in the Bible? No, the Bible tells us clearly that it is an abomination to worship grace as God and put grace higher than God. How do we know it? We know it by God's commandments or the Ten Commandments. However, grace preachers who preach grace as God and God as grace could have departed from God's laws and commandments, and hence, they could not see any wrong to worship God or preach God as 'anyway they like'.

Radical grace or hyper grace preachers would argue, "How about John 1:17 which says that grace and truth came by Jesus Christ? Hence, God's grace is a person. Grace is God." I will ask them, If God's grace is a person, God's money is a person too. Can money be God? This is absurd.
  • Joh 1:17 KJV  For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
I will tell them, If you can read simple English, you should know that that Bible verse did not tell us that grace is God or grace is Jesus Christ; it said clearly that grace is something came by Jesus Christ. It is a gift. It came by Jesus Christ. So, if you have been preaching that the law preachers are less anointed because they did not preach like you, please sanctify your mind first and get this right before boasting that you are more anointed and that you could hear the voice of God to preach Grace as God or Grace as Jesus Christ. Of course, grace is not a doctrine, neither is it God; it is a gift of God.


We don't compare and choose God's gifts
Ok, I presume that all grace preachers should be responsible enough to preach the right doctrine for right believing. But some of them would still argue, "Who is greater? Grace or law?"
I think this is a prevalent problem with most of the radical grace preachers - they have identified themselves so much with John, the disciple whom Jesus loved, that they began to talk and think like John before John could become mature enough not to compare and choose:
  • Mar 10:35-45 KJV  And James and John, the sons of Zebedee, come unto him, saying, Master, we would that thou shouldest do for us whatsoever we shall desire.  ..  (37)  They said unto him, Grant unto us that we may sit, one on thy right hand, and the other on thy left hand, in thy glory.  (38)  But Jesus said unto them, Ye know not what ye ask: can ye drink of the cup that I drink of? and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?  (39)  And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized:  (40)  But to sit on my right hand and on my left hand is not mine to give; but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared.  (41)  And when the ten heard it, they began to be much displeased with James and John.  (42)  But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them.  (43)  But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister:  (44)  And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all.  (45)  For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
I will ask the radical grace preachers, Can we agree that both the grace of God and the law of God are not God, but the gifts of God? If we agree, I am not bothered if one gift is higher than the other or greater than the other. After all, if they are gifts of God, we receive both joyfully. If they are the gifts, we do not compare and choose or; we just receive both in obedience.
  • Heb 8:10 KJV  For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
They will argue again, "But we are no longer under the law to do the law or righteousness; we are under grace. We should not choose the law; we can choose grace with no more law to do anything." I will tell them, Yes, we are no longer under the law; but Paul did not say that we are no longer under any law. Please read your Bible again, Under the law of Christ, we are still required to have God's laws in our mind. We are still under the law of Christ to do the laws of God and righteousness:
  • 1Co 9:20-22 KJV  And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;  (21)  To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.  (22)  To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
  • Rom 6:13-19 KJV  Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God..... (16) Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? ... (19) I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness
I will tell them, If you still want to argue and bring out the ark of covenant in the Old Testament, and say, "Since the mercy seat is above the Ten Commandments, and therefore, grace (or mercy) is higher than God's laws and commandments", I can still go deeper and have longer discussion with you. Please refer to my previous post 'Is it wrong to preach an angry God or a happy God. I may not have answered everything there but I believe that somewhere in that post, I could have answered why God laws, God's commandments, and God words are still higher than grace ! Be blessed.

::

     

No comments:

Post a Comment